Saint-Gobain: 350 years, 350 reasons to believe in the future
January 9th, 2015
This year, Saint-Gobain is celebrating its 350th anniversary. An exceptional anniversary that the Group will mark by promoting its history, but with its sights set firmly on the future, throughout 2015, year that will be packed full of events. The celebrations began on the 9th of January in Shanghai (China) and will end in October in Paris (France).
350 years, 350 reasons to believe in the future
SAINT-GOBAIN, A GROUP WITH ITS SIGHTS ON THE FUTURE
Since its creation in 1665 by King Louis XIV and Jean-Baptiste Colbert, the oldest company in the Paris Bourse’s CAC 40 index, has adapted to the changes in the world and taken up the many challenges it has faced. Backed by this experience and its corporate culture, Saint-Gobain has its sights resolutely set on tomorrow, and knows that there are many “reasons to believe” that are based on the six central pillars in its strategy and the Group’s values.
- The world has no boundaries: Since it opened its first establishment outside France, in Germany in the 1850s, Saint-Gobain has grown into an international group that is present today in 64 countries.
- Sustainable habitat is within our reach: Saint-Gobain provides sustainable products and solutions to direct the course of habitat in order to reduce its impact on the environment, improve its energy efficiency and occupants’ comfort.
- Innovation is transforming the world: Saint-Gobain is one of the world’s 100 most innovative companies. Innovation is embedded in its history and its identity. Its products improve habitat and everyday life.
- Talent is infinite: Saint-Gobain’s strength is its employees. United behind a foundation of shared values, each day, they take up multiple challenges serving the Group’s millions of customers.
- Habitat for everyone is achievable: Saint-Gobain is committed to habitat for everyone by inventing materials adapted to local markets, and through its Saint-Gobain Initiatives Foundation.
- Saint-Gobain builds on the past and plans for the future: For 350 years, the Group has been reinventing itself to adapt to and support the world’s changes.